Compressing the dynamic range (Dynamic Range Compressor)
You can compress the dynamic range of the soundtrack. This may be useful when you want to watch movies at a low volume late at night, etc.
- Select [Setup] - [Audio Settings] from the home menu.
- Select [Dynamic Range Compressor].
- Select the setting you want.
- Auto: The dynamic range is compressed automatically when there is the additional information in the sound source that recommends using the Dynamic Range Compressor function.
- On: The dynamic range is compressed as intended by the recording engineer.
- Only Dolby TrueHD sources currently have the additional information that recommends using this function.