Notes on connecting cables
- Before connecting cables, be sure to disconnect the AC power cord (mains lead).
- It is not necessary to connect all of the cables. Connect cables according to the availability of jacks on the connected device.
- Sony recommends that you use an HDMI cable made by Sony or another HDMI-authorized cable. Be sure to use a High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet. Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet that supports 18 Gbps is required for 4K/60p 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and 4K/60p 4:2:0 10 bit, etc. For details about the high bandwidth video format, refer to “Supported video formats” in “About HDMI connections.”
- We do not recommend using an HDMI-DVI conversion cable. If you connect an HDMI-DVI conversion cable to a DVI-D device, the sound and/or image may be lost. Connect separate audio cables or digital connecting cables, then reassign the input jacks if the sound is not output correctly.
- When connecting optical digital cables, insert the plugs straight until they click into place.
- Do not bend or tie optical digital cables.
- All of the digital audio jacks are compatible with 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz and 96 kHz sampling frequencies.
If you want to connect several digital devices, but cannot find an unused input
In this case, reassign the input jacks.