Upload Settings (Eye-Fi)
Sets whether to use the upload function when using an Eye-Fi card (commercially available). This item appears when an Eye-Fi card is inserted into the product’s memory card slot.
- MENU → (Setup) → [Upload Settings] → desired setting.
- Set your Wi-Fi network or destination on the Eye-Fi card.For details, refer to the manual supplied with the Eye-Fi card.
- Insert the Eye-Fi card you have set up into the product, and shoot still images.Images are transferred to your computer, etc., automatically via the Wi-Fi network.
Menu item details
- Enables the upload function.
- Disables the upload function.
Communication status screen display
: Standby. No images are to be sent.
: Upload standby
- Eye-Fi cards are only sold in certain countries/regions.
- For more information on Eye-Fi cards, please contact the manufacturer or vendor directly.
- Eye-Fi cards can be used only in the countries/regions where they were purchased. Use Eye-Fi cards in accordance with the law of the countries/regions where you purchased the card.
- Eye-Fi cards are equipped with a wireless LAN function. Do not insert an Eye-Fi card into the product in locations in which their use is prohibited, such as on an airplane. When an Eye-Fi card is inserted into the product, set [Upload Settings] to [Off]. When the upload function is set to [Off], the indicator will be displayed on the product.
- Power save mode will not function during uploading.
- If (error) is displayed, remove the memory card and reinsert it, or turn the product off and then on again. If the indicator appears again, the Eye-Fi card may be damaged.
- Wireless LAN communication may be influenced by other communication devices. If the communication status is poor, move closer to the access point to be connected.
- Third parties may know where you shot the image if you upload the image when [Loc. Info. Link Set.] → [Location Info. Link] is set to [On]. To prevent third parties from obtaining your location information, set [Loc. Info. Link Set.] → [Location Info. Link] to [Off].
- This product does not support Eye-Fi “Endless Memory Mode.” Before using an Eye-Fi card, be sure that “Endless Memory Mode” is turned off.
- When you use a new Eye-Fi card for the first time, copy the installation file on the Eye-Fi card to your computer before formatting the Eye-Fi card.
- Update the firmware of an Eye-Fi card to the latest version before using the Eye-Fi card. For details, refer to the manual supplied with the Eye-Fi card.
- For details on files you can upload, refer to the manual supplied with the Eye-Fi card.