If you assign [Focus Standard] to the desired custom key, you can recall useful functions such as moving the focusing frame quickly, etc., depending on the focus area settings.
- MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Custom Key(Shoot.)] → desired button, then assign the [Focus Standard] function to the button.
- Press the key to which [Focus Standard] is assigned.
- What you can do by pressing the key varies depending on the settings for [Focus Area] and [Center Lock-on AF].
- When [Focus Area] is set to [Zone], [Flexible Spot] or [Expand Flexible Spot]:
- You can move the position of the focus area using the top/bottom/left/right sides of the control wheel.
- When [Focus Area] is set to [Wide] or [Center]:
- When [Center Lock-on AF] is set to [On], [Center Lock-on AF] is activated by pressing the key. The camera detects the subject positioned in the center of the screen and starts tracking by pressing the center of the control wheel.
- When [Center Lock-on AF] is set to [Off], the camera focuses on the center point.
- You cannot set the [Focus Standard] function to [Left Button], [Right Button] or [Down Button].