AF in Focus Mag. (still image)
You can focus on the subject more accurately using auto-focus by magnifying the area where you want to focus. While the magnified image is displayed, you can focus on a smaller area than the flexible spot.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [AF in Focus Mag.] → [On].
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Focus Magnifier].
- Magnify the image by pressing the center of the control wheel, and then adjust the position using top/bottom/right/left of the control wheel.
- The magnification scale changes each time you press the center.
- Press the shutter button halfway down to focus.
- The focus will be achieved at point of in the center of the screen.
- Press the shutter button all the way down to shoot.
- The [AF in Focus Mag.] function is canceled after shooting.
- Use of a tripod is recommended to accurately identify the location you want to magnify.
- You can check the auto-focusing result by magnifying the displayed image. If you want to readjust the focus position, adjust the focus area on the magnified screen and then press the shutter button halfway down.
- The edges of the screen may be unfocused.
- The exposure and white balance cannot be adjusted while the displayed image is being magnified.
- [AF in Focus Mag.] is unavailable in the following situations:
- In [Sweep Panorama] mode
- During movie shooting
- When [Focus Mode] is set to [Continuous AF].
- When [Focus Mode] is set to [Automatic AF] and the shooting mode is set to other than P/A/S/M.
- When [Focus Mode] is set to [Automatic AF] and [Drive Mode] is set to [Cont. Shooting].
- When using a Mount Adaptor (sold separately).
- While the displayed image is being magnified, the following functions are unavailable:
- [Eye AF]
- [Center Lock-on AF]
- [Eye-Start AF]
- [Smile/Face Detect.]
- [Auto Obj. Framing]