Pairing and connecting with an iPhone
The operation to register the device that you wish to connect to is called “pairing”. First, pair a device to use it with the headset for the first time.
Before starting the operation, make sure of the following:
- The iPhone is placed within 1 m (3.2 ft) of the headset.
- The headset is charged sufficiently.
- The operating instructions for the iPhone is in hand.
Enter pairing mode on this headset.
When you pair the headset with a device for the first time after purchase or after initializing the headset (when there is no pairing information on the headset)
Remove both headset units from the charging case.
The headset turns on automatically.
The headset enters pairing mode automatically.
You will hear a notification sound and the voice guidance say “Pairing” from both headset units at the same time.
When you pair a second or subsequent device (the headset has pairing information for other devices)
Set the headset units into the charging case.
Leave the charging case lid open.
With the charging case lid open, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the charging case for about 5 seconds or more.
- The headset does not enter pairing mode with the charging case lid closed.
The indicator (blue) on the charging case repeatedly flashes twice in a row and the headset goes into pairing mode.
You can remove the headset from the charging case after entering pairing mode.
Unlock the screen of the iPhone if it is locked.
Find the headset on the iPhone.
- Select [Settings].
- Touch [Bluetooth].
- Touch the switch to turn on the Bluetooth function.
If Passkey* input is required, input “0000”.
The headset and iPhone are paired and connected with each other.
When the headset is placed in the charging case, the indicator (blue) on the charging case flashes 10 times.
When the headset is being removed from the charging case, you will hear a notification sound indicating that the connection is established from both headset units (or from the headset unit removed from the charging case when only one headset unit is removed) at the same time.
If they are not connected, see “Connecting to a paired iPhone ”.
If [WF-C700N] does not appear on your iPhone screen, start the operation again from the beginning of step .
*A Passkey may be called “Passcode”, “PIN code”, “PIN number”, or “Password”.
About the instruction manual video
Watch the video to find out how to perform pairing for the first time.
- The operation above is an example. For more details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the iPhone.
- To delete all Bluetooth pairing information, see “Initializing the headset to restore factory settings”.
- If pairing is not established within 5 minutes, pairing mode is canceled. In this case, start the operation again from the beginning of step .
- Once Bluetooth devices are paired, there is no need to pair them again, except in the following cases:
- Pairing information has been deleted after repair, etc.
- When a 9th device is paired
The headset can be paired with up to 8 devices. If a new device is paired after 8 devices are already paired, the registration information of the paired device with the oldest connection date is overwritten with the information for the new device.
- When the pairing information for the headset has been deleted from the Bluetooth device
- When the headset is initialized
All of the pairing information is deleted. In this case, delete the pairing information for the headset from the connected device and then pair them again.
- The headset can be paired with multiple devices, but can only play music from 1 paired device at a time.