Making a call
You can enjoy a hands-free call with a smartphone or mobile phone that supports the Bluetooth profile HFP (Hands-free Profile) or HSP (Headset Profile), via a Bluetooth connection.
- If your smartphone or mobile phone supports both HFP and HSP, set it to HFP.
- The operation may vary depending on the smartphone or mobile phone. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the smartphone or mobile phone.
- Depending on the connected device or the application you are using, the functions may not work properly even if you try to operate them with the headset.
Connect the headset to a smartphone or mobile phone via a Bluetooth connection.
Operate your smartphone or mobile phone to make a call.
When you make a call, the dial tone is heard from the headset.
If you make a call while listening to music, playback pauses automatically.
If playback is not paused, operate the headset to pause playback.
You can talk using the microphones on the left and right headset units.
A: Microphones (left, right)
If no dial tone is heard via the headset
Use your smartphone or mobile phone to transfer the call to the headset.
Operate the smartphone or mobile phone to adjust the volume.
When you have finished your call, press the button twice quickly on the left or right headset unit to end the call.
If you made a call during music playback, music playback resumes automatically after ending the call.
The volume can also be adjusted on the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.
The headset volume during a call and during music playback can be independently adjusted. Changing the call volume does not change the volume of music playback and vice versa.
- You can also enjoy hands-free calls even when you are using only one headset unit. If you remove the other headset unit from the charging case while you are talking with only one headset unit, you can talk with both headset units.
- Depending on the connected device or playback application you are using, when you make a call during music playback, playback may not resume automatically even after you finish the call.
- Use a smartphone or mobile phone at least 50 cm (19.69 in.) away from the headset. Noise may result if the smartphone or mobile phone is too close to the headset.
- Your voice will be heard from the headset through the headset’s microphone (Sidetone function). In this case, ambient sounds or the sounds of the headset operation may be heard through the headset, but this is not a malfunction.
- The volume during calls cannot be adjusted with the headset. Adjust the volume on the connected device or the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.
- When you are using only one headset unit, be sure to set the other headset unit into the charging case.
- Depending on the caller’s voice characteristics or the ambient environmental noises, the audio signal processing that is mounted on the headset may not work well and the call sound quality may be reduced.