Low sound level
If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or volume.
If any of this is the case, try the following.
- Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ears. When changing the earbud tips, try the earbud tip sizes in order from the larger ones to the smaller ones. The most suitable size of the earbud tips for left and right ears may be different.
- Check that you are wearing the headset properly in your ears. Wear the headset so that the earbud tip is comfortably situated as deep in the ear canal as possible.
- Adjust the volume on the connected device.
The volume during music playback can be adjusted with the headset.
- The volume during calls cannot be adjusted with the headset. Adjust the volume on the connected device.
- Connect the Bluetooth device to the headset once again.
- The sound conduits (sound output tubes), air holes, and microphone part of the headset are not completely watertight. If any water droplets are left in the sound conduits, air holes, or microphone parts, the sound level becomes low temporarily. However, this is not a malfunction. See “When you have finished using the headset” and dry the headset as described before use.
Set the headset units into the charging case, and close the charging case lid.
You may be able to resolve some issues by setting the headset units into the charging case.
- Reset the headset.
- Initialize the headset, and pair the headset and the device again.
- Depending on the connected device, the volume of the device and the headset may or may not be synced. If the volume on a device is not synced to the volume on the headset, it will not be possible to use the device to turn up the volume on the headset once the volume is turned down on the headset.
In that case, turn up the volume of both the headset and the connected device.
If the sound is still low even after adjusting the volume on the connected device, adjust the volume with the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.