Wearing the headset
Put the headset units into both ears.
Put the headset unit with the (left) mark into your left ear and the headset unit with the (right) mark into your right ear. The left unit has a tactile dot.
A: Tactile dot
Be careful not to come in contact with the touch sensor when you put the headset units into both ears.
B: Touch sensors (left, right)
Adjust the fit of the headset to your ears.
Twist the headset unit to slide the earbud tip deep into your ear canal.
- When you put the headset unit into your ear or adjust the positioning of the headset unit, see the illustration in step for how to hold the headset unit.
For the proper sound quality, noise canceling function, and call sound quality to be effective
If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, tap operations or Speak-to-Chat speech detection may not work correctly, or you may not obtain the correct sound qualities, noise canceling effects, or call performance.
If any of this is the case, try the following.
- Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ears. When changing the earbud tips, try the earbud tip sizes in order from the larger ones to the smaller ones. The size of the left and right earbud tips may be different.
- The “Sony | Headphones Connect” app will help you to determine which earbud tips are most suitable for you to achieve the optimal noise cancellation effect.
- See step and check that you are wearing the headset properly in your ears. Wear the headset so that the earbud tip is comfortably situated as deep in the ear canal as possible.
When attaching and removing the headset
In the factory settings, the built-in IR sensors detect when the headset is inserted in or removed from your ears, enabling the headset to pause or resume music playback, as well as control the touch sensors and voice guidance.
When the headset is worn
- You can use the touch sensors to play music, make and receive calls, etc.
- You will hear a voice guidance corresponding to the operation and status.
When the headset is removed
- When you listen to music while wearing both headset units in your ears, the headset will pause music playback if one or both headset units are removed. When the headset is worn again, the headset resumes music playback.
- When the headset is not worn for about 15 minutes after being removed from the charging case, the headset turns off automatically to save the battery. Turn the headset on by tapping the touch sensor or by putting the headset into your ears.
- In order to prevent the headset from reacting incorrectly, music playback, making and receiving calls as well as other operations cannot be performed by tapping the touch sensors of the headset removed from your ears.
- You can also play music, make and receive calls, etc. when only one unit of the headset is worn in your ear.
- By using the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app, you can change the setting of automatically pausing and resuming the music playback, or automatically turning off the headset.