When the headset or charging case gets wet
On water resistant performance of the headset
- The charging case is not water resistant.
- The water resistant specifications of this headset are equivalent to IPX4 in IEC 60529 “Degrees of protection against ingress of water (IP Code)”, which specifies the degree of protection provided against the entry of water. The headset cannot be used in water.
Unless the headset is used correctly, water may get into the headset and cause fire, electrocution, or malfunctions. Note the following cautions carefully and use the headset correctly.
IPX4: Protected against water splashing from any direction.
The sound conduits (sound output tubes), air holes, and microphone part of the headset are not completely watertight.
If any water droplets are left in the sound conduits, air holes, or microphone part, the following issues may occur temporarily, but they are not malfunctions.
- Sounds become difficult to hear.
- The noise canceling effect is weakened.
- Unusual sounds are heard.
- Voices during phone calls become difficult to hear.
Liquids that the water resistant performance specifications of the headset apply to
|Applicable:||Fresh water, tap water, perspiration|
|Not applicable:||Liquids other than those above (examples: soapy water, detergent water, water with bath agents, shampoo, hot spring water, hot water, pool water, seawater, etc.)|
The water resistant performance of the headset is based on measurements performed by Sony under the conditions described above. Note that malfunctions resulting from water immersion caused by customer misuse are not covered by the warranty.
To protect the headset and charging case from being damaged
Carefully note the precautions below to ensure proper use of the headset.
- Do not splash water forcibly into the sound output part or microphone part of the headset.
- Do not allow the headset to remain wet in a cold environment, as the water may freeze. To prevent malfunction, make sure to wipe off any water after use.
- Do not place the headset in water or use it in a humid place such as a bathroom.
- Do not drop the headset or expose it to mechanical shock. Doing so may deform or damage the headset, resulting in deterioration of water resistance performance.
- If the headset gets wet,
Use a soft dry cloth to wipe off any water that gets on the headset.
Remove the earbud tips, turn the sound conduits (sound output tubes) and the air holes downward, and shake several times to get the water out.
Turn the microphone part downward and gently tap it about 5 times on a dry cloth, etc. to remove any water collected inside.
Leave the headset to dry in room temperature.
- If the headset units and charging case are charged while they are wet with sweat, etc., the charging ports will corrode. Before charging, wipe off any moisture with a soft dry cloth and leave to dry in room temperature.
Repairs in case of a malfunction without care are not covered by the free warranty.
- When the charging ports of the headset or charging case get dirty, wipe them clean with a soft dry cloth.
- Do not wash pants or shirts with the headset units left in the pockets.
- If the headset is cracked or deformed, refrain from using the headset near water, or contact your nearest Sony dealer.