The headset and the charging case contain built-in lithium-ion rechargeable batteries. Use the supplied USB Type-C cable to charge the headset before use.
Set the headset into the charging case.
Put the left unit of the headset (the unit with the tactile dot) back into the left hole of the charging case, and put the right unit of the headset back into the right hole of the charging case. Each unit of the headset will be set to the correct position in the charging case by the built-in magnet.
When the remaining battery charge of the charging case is sufficient, the indicator (orange or green) on the charging case lights up for about 3 seconds.
The charging starts on the headset. Close the lid of the charging case.
Connect the charging case to an AC outlet.
Use the supplied USB Type-C cable and a commercially available USB AC adaptor.
A: USB AC adaptor
Charging starts on the headset and charging case. The indicator (orange) on the charging case lights up.
After charging is complete, the indicator on the charging case turns off.
Remove the USB Type-C cable.
About the charging time
The required time for fully charging the headset and the charging case is about 3 hours (*).
*Time required for charging the empty battery to its full capacity. The charging time may differ depending on the conditions of use.
Charging the headset when you are outside
A rechargeable battery is built into the charging case. If you charge the charging case in advance, you can use it to charge the headset when you go out without a power supply.
The required time for fully charging the left and right units of the headset is about 2 hours.
System requirements for battery charge using USB
USB AC adaptor
A commercially available USB AC adaptor capable of supplying an output current of 0.5 A (500 mA) or more
Personal computer with a standard USB port
- We do not guarantee operation on all computers.
- Operations using a custom-built or homebuilt computer are not guaranteed.
- The headset can be also charged by connecting the charging case to a running computer using the supplied USB Type-C cable.
- Be sure to use the supplied USB Type-C cable. Otherwise, charging may not be successful.
- Charging may not be successful depending on the type of USB AC adaptor.
- Depending on the settings for the headset functions and usage conditions, the speed of energy consumption for the rechargeable battery may vary between the left and right units.
As a result, the charging time of the rechargeable batteries for the left and right units may differ. However, this is not a malfunction.
- The headset cannot be charged when the computer goes into standby (sleep) or hibernation mode. In this case, change the computer settings, and start charging once again.
- When the headset is placed in the charging case, if the indicator (orange) on the charging case lights up for about 3 seconds and then turns off, the remaining battery charge of the charging case is low. Charge the charging case.
- If the indicator on the charging case does not turn on even when the headset is placed in the charging case, the battery charge of the charging case is empty. Charge the charging case.
- If the headset is not used for a long time, the rechargeable battery usage hours may be reduced. However, the battery life will improve after charging and discharging several times. If you store the headset for a long time, charge the battery once every 6 months to avoid over-discharge.
- If the headset is not used for a long time, it may take longer to charge the battery.
- Be sure to close the lid of the charging case to prevent the battery of the charging case from being consumed.
If there is a problem with the rechargeable battery of the headset or the charging case and something unusual is detected during charging, the indicator (orange) on the charging case flashes.
It is recommended to charge in a place with an ambient temperature between 15 °C and 35 °C (59 °F - 95 °F). Efficient charging may not be possible beyond this range.
If the problem persists, consult your nearest Sony dealer.
- If the headset is not used for a long time, the indicator (orange) on the charging case may not immediately light up when charging. Wait a moment until the indicator (orange) lights up.
- If the usage hours of the built-in rechargeable battery decrease significantly, the battery should be replaced. Consult your nearest Sony dealer.
- Avoid exposure to extreme temperature changes, direct sunlight, moisture, sand, dust, and electrical shock. Never leave the headset in a parked vehicle.
- When connecting the charging case to a computer, use only the supplied USB Type-C cable, and be sure to directly connect them. Charging will not be properly completed when the charging case is connected through a USB hub.
- The headset and the charging case may become warm during charging or for a while after charging. However, this is not a malfunction.