Noise is heard during music playback.
- When you use the headset while you are walking or running, the sound of vibrations may be heard through your body, but this is due to the characteristics of the product and not a malfunction.
- The sound conduits (sound output tubes), air holes, and microphone part of the headset are not completely watertight. If any water droplets are left in the sound conduits, air holes, or microphone parts, a beeping sound (feedback) may be heard temporarily. This is not a malfunction. See “When you have finished using the headset” and dry the headset as described before use.
When the Adaptive Sound Control function is turned on, the headset detects the wearer's actions and adjusts the noise canceling function automatically. When this setting is changed, music may pause momentarily and a notification sound may be heard. This sound notifies you that the setting has been changed.
If you want to deactivate this notification sound, use the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app to turn the setting off.
- If you cover the microphone parts of the left or right unit of the headset, or if you grasp the headset unit in your hand, a beeping sound (feedback) may be heard. This is not a malfunction. If any of this is the case, remove your hands, etc. from the left and right microphones.
- If the Ambient Sound Mode is enabled in a rather noisy environment, a noise may be heard. This is not a malfunction. In this case, set the noise canceling function to ON or set the noise canceling function and the Ambient Sound Mode to OFF.
- Charge the charging case.
Set the headset into the charging case and close the lid of the charging case.
You may be able to resolve some issues by setting the headset into the charging case.
- Reset the headset.
- Initialize the headset, and pair the headset and the device again.