Listening to music from a device via Bluetooth connection
If your Bluetooth device supports the following profiles, you can enjoy listening to music and perform basic remote control operation of the Bluetooth device via a Bluetooth connection.
A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
You can enjoy high-quality music wirelessly.
AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile)
You can play music, etc.
The operation may vary depending on the Bluetooth device. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the Bluetooth device.
- Wear the headset.
Put the headset with the (left) mark on your left ear and the (right) mark on your right ear. The left unit has a tactile dot.
Be careful not to come in contact with the touch sensor when you wear the headset.
A: Tactile dot
B: Touch sensor
- Connect the headset to a Bluetooth device.
- Operate the Bluetooth device to start playback and adjust the volume to a moderate level.
- In the factory setting, when you listen to music while wearing both units of the headset, the headset will pause music playback if only one unit is removed. When the removed unit is worn again, the headset will resume music playback.
- The headset supports SCMS-T content protection. You can enjoy music and other audio on the headset from a device such as a portable TV that supports SCMS-T content protection.
- Depending on the Bluetooth device, it may be necessary to adjust the volume or set the audio output setting on the Bluetooth device.
- The headset volume during a call and during music playback can be independently adjusted. Changing the call volume does not change the volume of music playback and vice versa.
- You can also listen to music by removing and wearing only one unit from the charging case. When the right unit is worn, use the touch sensor of the right unit to play music. When the left unit is worn, operate the connected device to play music. If you wear the other unit while you are listening to music with only one unit, you can listen to music with both units.
- If the headset is in its factory settings, you cannot adjust the volume on the headset. Adjust the volume on the connected device. If you are unable to adjust the volume on the connected device, install the “Sony | Headphones Connect” smartphone app and adjust the volume in the app or assign the volume adjustment function to the touch sensor.
- If the communication condition is poor, the Bluetooth device may react incorrectly to the operation on the headset.