On Bluetooth communications
- Bluetooth wireless technology operates within a range of about 10 m (30 feet). The maximum communication distance may vary depending on the presence of obstacles (people, metal objects, walls, etc.) or the electromagnetic environment.
- Microwaves emitting from a Bluetooth device may affect the operation of electronic medical devices. Turn off this unit and other Bluetooth devices in the following locations, as it may cause an accident:
- in hospitals, near priority seating in trains, locations where inflammable gas is present, near automatic doors, or near fire alarms.
- This product emits radio waves when used in wireless mode. When used in wireless mode on an airplane, follow flight crew directions regarding permissible use of products in wireless mode.
- The audio playback on this unit may be delayed from that on the transmitting device, due to the characteristics of Bluetooth wireless technology. As a result, the sound may not be in sync with the image when viewing movies or playing games.
- The unit supports security functions that comply with the Bluetooth standard as a means of ensuring security during communication using Bluetooth wireless technology. However, depending on the configured settings and other factors, this security may not be sufficient. Be careful when communicating using Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Sony shall assume no responsibility for any damages or loss resulting from information leaks that occur when using Bluetooth communications.
- Connection with all Bluetooth devices cannot be guaranteed.
- Bluetooth devices connected with the unit must comply with the Bluetooth standard prescribed by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and must be certified as compliant.
- Even when a connected device complies with the Bluetooth standard, there may be cases where the characteristics or specifications of the Bluetooth device make it unable to connect, or result in different control methods, display, or operation.
- When using the unit to perform hands-free talking on the phone, noise may occur depending on the connected device or the communication environment.
- Depending on the device to be connected, it may require some time to start communications.
- The headset does not support multipoint connection.
If the headset supports the multipoint function, the headset can connect to a music playback device (A2DP profile, Walkman, etc.) and a communication device (HFP or HSP profile, smartphone, etc.) at the same time, and you can listen to music while waiting for an incoming call or making a call.
Note on static electricity
- Static electricity accumulated in the body may cause mild tingling in your ears. To reduce the effect, wear clothes made from natural materials, which suppress the generation of static electricity.
Notes on wearing the unit
- After use, remove the headphones slowly.
- Because the earbuds achieve a tight seal in the ears, forcibly pressing them in or quickly pulling them out can result in eardrum damage. When putting the earbuds into your ears, the speaker diaphragm may produce a click sound. This is not a malfunction.
On triple-comfort earbuds
- The supplied triple-comfort earbuds provide a snug fit to effectively block out ambient noise.
- Prolonged use of snug-fitting earbuds may strain your ears. If you experience discomfort, discontinue use.
- Do not pull on the foamed silicone portion of the earbuds. If the foamed silicone portion is separated from the earbuds, the earbuds will not function.
- Do not subject the foamed silicone portion of the earbuds to pressure over long periods, as it may cause deformation.
- The varying sizes of the holes on the foamed silicone portion of the earbuds have no effect on the sound quality.
- You may hear a cracking noise in your ears when wearing the earbuds. This is not a malfunction.
- The foam materials used in the earbuds deteriorate with long-term use and storage. Replace the earbuds if the deterioration results in reduced performance.
- Do not subject the unit to excessive shock.
- The touch sensor may not operate properly if you apply stickers or other adhesive items to the touch sensor control panel.
- The Bluetooth function may not work with a mobile phone, depending on the signal conditions and the surrounding environment.
- If you experience discomfort while using the unit, stop using it immediately.
- The earbuds may be damaged or deteriorate with long-term use and storage.
- If the earbuds become dirty, remove them from the unit and gently wash them by hand using a neutral detergent. After cleaning, thoroughly wipe off any moisture.
- The unit is not waterproof. If water or foreign objects enter the unit, it may result in fire or electric shock. If water or a foreign object enters the unit, stop use immediately and consult your nearest Sony dealer. In particular, be careful in the following cases.
- When using the unit around a sink, etc.
Be careful that the unit does not fall into a sink or container filled with water.
- When using the unit in the rain or snow, or in humid locations
- When using the unit while you are sweaty
If you touch the unit with wet hands, or put the unit in the pocket of a damp article of clothing, the unit may get wet.
- When using the unit around a sink, etc.
Cleaning the unit
- When the outside of the unit is dirty, clean it by wiping with a soft dry cloth. If the unit is particularly dirty, soak a cloth in a dilute solution of neutral detergent, and wring it well before wiping. Do not use solvents such as thinner, benzene, or alcohol, as they may damage the surface.