What is BLUETOOTH wireless technology?
BLUETOOTH wireless technology is a short-range wireless technology that enables wireless data communication between digital devices, such as a PC and digital camera. BLUETOOTH wireless technology operates within a range of about 10 m (about 30 ft).
Connecting between only two devices is common, but some devices can be connected to multiple devices at the same time.
You do not need to use a cable for connection, nor is it necessary for the devices to face one another, such is the case with infrared technology. For example, you can use such a device in a bag or pocket.
BLUETOOTH standard is an international standard supported by thousands of companies all over the world, and used worldwide.
Maximum communication range
The maximum communication range may shorten under the following conditions.
- There is an obstacle such as a person, metal, or wall between the speaker and BLUETOOTH device.
- A wireless LAN device is in use near the speaker.
- A microwave oven is in use near the speaker.
- A device that generates electromagnetic radiation is in use near the speaker.
Interference from other devices
Because BLUETOOTH devices and wireless LAN (IEEE802.11b/g/n) use the same frequency, microwave interference may occur and resulting in communication speed deterioration, noise, or invalid connection if the speaker is used near a wireless LAN device. In such a case, do the following.
- Use the speaker at least 10 m (about 30 ft) away from the wireless LAN device.
- If the speaker is used within 10 m (about 30 ft) of a wireless LAN device, turn off the wireless LAN device.
Interference to other devices
Microwaves emitting from a BLUETOOTH device may affect the operation of electronic medical devices. Turn off the speaker and other BLUETOOTH devices in the following locations, as it may cause an accident.
- where inflammable gas is present, in a hospital, train, airplane, or a gas station
- near automatic doors or a fire alarm
- To be able to use the BLUETOOTH function, the BLUETOOTH device to be connected requires the same profile as the speaker’s.
Note also that even when the same profile exists, devices may vary in function depending on their specifications.
- Due to the characteristics of BLUETOOTH wireless technology, the sound played on the speaker is slightly delayed from the sound played on the BLUETOOTH device while talking on the telephone or listening to music.
- This speaker supports security capabilities that comply with the BLUETOOTH standard to provide a secure connection when the BLUETOOTH wireless technology is used, but security may not be enough depending on the setting. Be careful when communicating using BLUETOOTH wireless technology.
- Sony does not take any responsibility for the leakage of information during BLUETOOTH communication.
- A device featuring the BLUETOOTH function is required to conform to the BLUETOOTH standard specified by Bluetooth SIG, and be authenticated. Even when the connected device conforms to the above mentioned BLUETOOTH standard, some devices may not be connected or work correctly, depending on the features or specifications of the device.
- Noise or sound skips may occur depending on the BLUETOOTH device connected with the speaker, the communication environment, or the usage environment.