Listening to music on a Walkman compatible with High-Resolution Audio formats
You can connect a Walkman compatible with High-Resolution Audio formats to the speaker with an optional High-Resolution Audio USB Adaptor WM-PORT Cable.
The speaker receives unconverted digital audio data, which is converted to analog data through the digital-to-analog converter of the speaker before being output.
- Connect the Walkman compatible with High-Resolution Audio formats to the USB-B port (B).
- Tap the FUNCTION button repeatedly until the USB-B indicator lights up.
The speaker enters the USB-B mode.
- Operate the Walkman compatible with High-Resolution Audio formats to start playback and adjust the volume to a moderate level.
- Tap the –/+ (volume) buttons to adjust the volume.
When you tap the –/+ (volume) buttons, the (power) indicator flashes once or three times according to the volume.
To enjoy a more dynamic sound
Pull the lever on the bottom of the speaker in the direction of the arrow shown in the illustration below to remove the grille.*
*After removing the speaker grille, do not touch the exposed part of the speaker (speaker units), and keep the removed grille on a flat surface to prevent distortion.
- The speaker supports only audio playback functions of Walkman.
- Sony is not responsible for loss or damage of data in a Walkman that is connected to the speaker.
- Correct operation is not guaranteed, even for a supported Walkman.
- Depending on the Walkman, dynamic normalizer, equalizer, VPT, DSEE HX and speaker output optimizer may be set to on (or adjusted). If the sound is distorted, set these functions to off.
- When the Walkman is connected, sound is not output from its headphone jack.