Inserting a memory card
Insert a memory card into the camcorder.
- Open the cover and insert the memory card until it clicks.
A: Memory card slot A
B: Memory card slot B
C: Insert the card with the notched edge in the direction as illustrated.
- To ensure stable operation of the memory card, it is recommended to format the memory card with the camcorder before the first use. Formatting the memory card will erase all the data stored on it and the data will be irrecoverable. Save your important data on your PC, etc.
- Confirm the direction of the memory card. If you forcibly insert the memory card in the wrong direction, the memory card, memory card slot, or image data may be damaged.
- Do not insert any memory card other than those that fit into the memory card slot. Doing so may cause a malfunction.
- Memory card slot A accepts either Memory Stick media or an SD card. Memory card slot B accepts an SD card only.
- When inserting or ejecting the memory card, be careful so that the memory card does not pop out and drop.
- Memory card will not be recognized by the camcorder unless it is inserted straight in the correct direction.
- If [Preparing image database file. Please wait.] is displayed, wait until the message disappears.
- If [The image database file is corrupted. The media must be restored to use again.] appears, perform [REPAIR IMAGE DB FILE].
- To eject the memory card, open the cover and lightly push the memory card in once.