Continuing recording on the memory cards one after another (Relay recording)
The camcorder switches memory card A (or B) just before space on the other one runs out, and continues recording on the next memory card automatically by inserting memory cards each in both slots A and B (In Movie mode only).
Do the following setting before recording.
A: MENU button
B: ////SET button
- Press the MENU button.
- Select (REC/OUT SET) - [REC SET] - [SIMUL/RELAY REC] -[RELAY REC] with //// SET button.
b: Small space
c: Insert a recordable memory card
- Do not eject the memory card that is currently being used for recording. When replacing a memory card while recording, replace only the one in the slot whose access lamp is off.
- Even if you press the SLOT SELCT button while recording movies, you cannot switch the slot currently being used.
- When the remaining recording time of the memory card being used is less than 1 minute and the other slot has recordable memory card inserted,  or  appears on the LCD monitor. The indicator turns off when the memory card is switched.
- The maximum continuous recordable time of a movie is about 13 hours.
- If you start recording on a memory card with the remaining recording time of less than 1 minute, the camcorder may not be able to perform Relay recording. To perform Relay recording without fail, make sure that the memory card has more than 1 minute when you start recording.
- You cannot play movies seamlessly on the camcorder when the movie is recorded with Relay recording on the camcorder.
- You can re-combine movies with Relay recording using the software PlayMemories Home.