About the memory card
- A memory card formatted by a computer (Windows OS/Mac OS) is not guaranteed to be compatible with the camcorder.
- Data read/write speed may vary depending on the combination of the memory card and memory card compliant product you use.
- Data may be damaged or lost in the following cases (the data will not be compensated for):
- If you eject the memory card, or turn off the camcorder while the camcorder is reading or writing image files on the memory card (while the access lamp is lit or flashing)
- If you use the memory card near magnets or magnetic fields
- It is recommended that you make a back-up of important data on the hard disk of a computer.
- Do not attach a label or the like on memory card or memory card adaptor. Doing so may cause a malfunction.
- Do not touch, or allow metallic objects to come into contact with the terminals.
- Do not bend, drop or apply strong force to the memory card.
- Do not disassemble or modify the memory card.
- Do not allow the memory card to get wet.
- Keep the memory card out of the reach of small children. There is danger that a child might swallow it.
- Do not insert anything other than the compliant size of memory card into the memory card slot. Doing so may cause a malfunction.
- Do not use or keep the memory card in the following locations:
- Places subject to extremely high temperature, such as a car parked outside in the sun
- Places under direct sunlight
- Places with extremely high humidity or subject to corrosive gases
On types of memory card you can use with the camcorder
- You can use only Memory Stick PRO Duo media, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo media, or standard sized SD card.
On the memory card adaptor
- When you use the camcorder with the Memory Stick Micro media or microSD memory card, insert into a dedicated card adaptor and connect it to the camcorder.
On image data compatibility
- Image data files recorded on memory card by the camcorder conform to the “Design rule for Camera File system” universal standard established by the JEITA (Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association).
- If you cannot use memory cards that have been used with another device, format them with the camcorder. Note that formatting erases all information on the memory card.
- Movies saved on SDXC memory cards cannot be imported to or played back on computers or AV devices not supporting the exFAT(*) file system by connecting the camcorder to these devices with the USB cable. Confirm in advance that the connecting equipment is supporting the exFAT system. If you connect equipment not supporting the exFAT system and a message that prompts you to
perform formatting appears, do not perform the formatting. All the data saved will be lost.
*The exFAT is a file system that is used for SDXC memory cards.
- You may not be able to play back images with the camcorder:
- When playing back image data modified on your computer
- When playing back image data recorded with other devices
About the Memory Stick media
- Memory Stick Duo media (with MagicGate):
- Recording/Playback: not supported
- Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark2) media:
- Recording/Playback: supported (*)
- Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo media:
- Recording/Playback: supported (*)
* Except for XAVC S format
- The camcorder does not support 8-bit parallel data transfer but it supports 4-bit parallel data transfer the same as with Memory Stick PRO Duo media.
- The camcorder cannot record or play back data that uses MagicGate technology. MagicGate is a copyright protection technology that records and transfers the contents in an encrypted format.