Phase detection AF
When there are phase detection AF points within the auto focus area, the camcorder uses the combined autofocus of the phase detection AF and contrast AF.
- The phase detection AF is not effective under the following conditions. Only the contrast AF is effective.
- During Photo mode.
- When [FILE FORMAT] is [XAVC S HD] and [REC FORMAT] is 120p/100p.
- When [HIGH FRAME RATE] is selected in [S&Q MOTION].
- When [NIGHTSHOT] is set to [ON].
- When the iris value is F8.0 or more.
- Auto focus function is not available in the Super Slow Motion recording mode.
- We recommend to use the ND filter when the iris value is F8.0 or more at an outdoor light place, etc.