Charging cannot be done.
- Try charging with the supplied USB Type-C cable.
- It is recommended to charge in a place with an ambient temperature between 15 °C and 35 °C (59 °F - 95 °F). Efficient charging may not be possible beyond this range.
- Reset the headset.
- Initialize the headset, and pair the headset and the device again.
When charging with a USB AC adaptor
- Make sure that the USB AC adaptor is firmly connected to the AC outlet.
- When using a commercially available USB AC adaptor, use one capable of supplying an output current of 1.5 A or more.
When charging with a computer
- Check that the supplied USB Type-C cable is properly connected to the USB port of the computer.
- Check that the computer is turned on. Wake the computer up if the computer is in standby (sleep) or hibernation mode.
- Check that the headset and the computer are directly connected, and not via a USB hub.
- There may be a problem with the USB port of the connected computer. Try connecting to another USB port on the computer if one is available.
- Update the OS of the computer.
- Restart the computer and try the USB connection procedure again in cases other than those stated above.