The effect of noise canceling is not sufficient.
- Make sure the noise canceling function is turned on.
- Adjust the headset into a comfortable position.
- The noise canceling function is effective in low frequency ranges such as airplanes, trains, offices, near air-conditioning, and is not as effective for higher frequencies, such as human voices.
When the Adaptive Sound Control on the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app is turned on, the wearer's actions, like walking or running, are detected. The noise canceling function is automatically adjusted and the Ambient Sound Mode may be activated according to these actions.
To make the most of the noise canceling function, turn off the Adaptive Sound Control, and try to turn on the noise canceling function manually when you need it.
- With the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app, check the setting of [Ambient Sound Control]. If it is set to [Ambient Sound], the effect of noise canceling is reduced. Set it to the noise canceling mode.
- Check with the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app whether the function of the NC/AMB button is set to [Ambient Sound Control].
- Because the noise canceling performance is automatically optimized by the Auto NC Optimizer function according to changes in the wearing condition and usage environment, you may notice fluctuations in the noise canceling effect.