AF w/ shutter (still image)
Selects whether to focus automatically when you press the shutter button halfway down. Select [Off] to adjust the focus and the exposure separately.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [AF w/ shutter] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- The auto focus operates when you press the shutter button halfway down.
- The auto focus does not operate even if you press the shutter button halfway down.
Useful method to micro-adjust the focus
When an A-mount lens is attached, activating the auto focus function with a button other than the shutter button lets you focus more precisely in combination with manual focusing.
- Set [AF w/ shutter] to [Off].
- MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Custom Key] or [Custom Key] → assign the [AF On] and [Focus Magnifier] functions to the desired keys.
- Press the key to which the [AF On] function is assigned.
- Press the key to which the [Focus Magnifier] function is assigned, and then rotate the focus ring for micro-adjustments of the focus.
- Press the shutter button fully down to shoot the image.