You can change the level of defocus in the background simply by pressing the button while shooting still images or movies.
- Press the (Background Defocus) button repeatedly.
Once you press the button, the [Background Defocus] mode is activated and the background becomes defocused. Afterwards, the level of defocus in the background switches between [Defocus] and [Clear] each time you press the button.
- The camera returns to normal shooting mode and the aperture returns to the former value when you press the Still/Movie/S&Q button.
- [Background Defocus] is not available in the following shooting modes:
- [Sweep Panorama]
- Each mode in scene selection
[Background Defocus] mode is canceled, the camera returns to normal shooting mode, and the aperture returns to the former value when you perform the following operations:
- Turning the power off and back on again
- Pressing the Still/Movie/S&Q button
- Pressing the MENU button
- Changing the aperture value using the control wheel while the shooting mode is set to [Aperture Priority] or [Manual Exposure]
- Program shift
- Manual shift
- Exposure compensation
- Even if you press the button, you cannot change the level of defocus while using [Manual Focus] or [Focus Magnifier] in the [Background Defocus] mode.
- Depending on the shooting mode and shooting conditions, the camera may be unable to obtain the optimal exposure due to the locking of the aperture value in the [Background Defocus] mode.