You can shoot with the desired exposure setting by adjusting both the shutter speed and aperture.
Press the Still/Movie/S&Q button to select the still image shooting mode.
MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Shoot Mode] → [Manual Exposure].
Select the desired shutter speed by turning the control wheel.
Select the desired aperture value by turning the control dial.
- You can switch the functions of the control dial and the control wheel using MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Dial/Wheel Setup].
- You can also set [ISO] to [ISO AUTO] in manual exposure mode. The ISO value automatically changes to achieve the appropriate exposure using the aperture value and shutter speed you have set.
- When [ISO] is set to [ISO AUTO], the ISO value indicator will blink if the value you have set is not suitable for appropriate exposure. If this happens, change the shutter speed or aperture value.
When [ISO] is set to other than [ISO AUTO], use MM (Metered Manual)* to check the exposure value.
Toward +: Images become brighter.
Toward -: Images become darker.
0: Appropriate exposure analyzed by the product.
*Indicates under/over for appropriate exposure.
Adjust the focus and shoot the subject.
- You can change the shutter speed and aperture (F-value) combination without changing the set exposure value (Manual shift). Assign [AEL hold] or [AEL toggle] to a desired key using [Custom Key] or [Custom Key], and then turn the control dial or control wheel while pressing that key.
- The Metered Manual indicator does not appear when [ISO] is set to [ISO AUTO].
- When the amount of ambient light exceeds the metering range of the Metered Manual, the Metered Manual indicator flashes.
- The SteadyShot warning indicator does not appear in manual exposure mode.
- The brightness of the image on the screen may differ from the actual image being shot.