Adjusts the amount of flash light in a range of –3.0 EV to +3.0 EV. Flash compensation changes the amount of flash light only. Exposure compensation changes the amount of flash light along with the change of the shutter speed and aperture.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Flash Comp.] → desired setting.
- Selecting higher values (+ side) makes the flash level higher, and lower values (- side) makes the flash level lower.
[Flash Comp.] does not work when the shooting mode is set to the following modes:
- [Intelligent Auto]
- [Superior Auto]
- [Sweep Panorama]
- Each mode in scene selection
- The higher flash effect (+ side) may not be visible due to the limited amount of flash light available, if the subject is outside the maximum range of the flash. If the subject is very close, the lower flash effect (- side) may not be visible.
- If you attach an ND filter to the lens or attach a diffuser or a color filter to the flash, the appropriate exposure may not be achieved and images may turn out dark. In this case, adjust [Flash Comp.] to the desired value.