Sets the [SteadyShot] effect when shooting movies. When using a tripod (sold separately), setting [SteadyShot] to [Off] will result in a more natural image.
MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [SteadyShot] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Provides a more powerful SteadyShot effect using electronic SteadyShot.
- Provides a SteadyShot effect using lens-side SteadyShot. Use this setting under stable movie shooting conditions.
- Does not use [SteadyShot].
- If you set [SteadyShot] to [Active], the angle of view will be narrower. It is recommended that you set [SteadyShot] to [Standard] when the focal length is 200 mm or more.
- When a lens without a SteadyShot mechanism is attached, [Standard] cannot be selected.
- If you intend to use the image stabilization function of the smartphone application Movie Edit add-on or the desktop application Catalyst, set [SteadyShot] to [Active] or [Off] on the camera.
- The SteadyShot effect depends on the attached lens.