Sensitivity to light is expressed by the ISO number (recommended exposure index). The larger the number, the higher the sensitivity.
- ISO (ISO) on the control wheel → select desired setting.
- You can also select MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [ISO].
- You can change the value by 1/3 EV steps by turning the control wheel. You can change the value by 1 EV steps by turning the control dial.
Menu item details
- ISO AUTO:
- Sets the ISO sensitivity automatically.
- ISO 50 – ISO 51200:
- Sets the ISO sensitivity manually. Selecting a larger number increases the ISO sensitivity.
- You can change the range of ISO sensitivity that is set automatically in [ISO AUTO] mode. Select [ISO AUTO] and press the right side of the control wheel, and set the desired values for [ISO AUTO Maximum] and [ISO AUTO Minimum].
- The higher the ISO value, the more noise will appear on the images.
- The available ISO settings will differ depending on whether you are shooting still images, shooting movies, or shooting slow-motion/quick-motion movies.
- When shooting movies, ISO values between 100 and 32000 are available. If the ISO value is set to a value larger than 32000, the setting is automatically switched to 32000. When you finish recording the movie, the ISO value returns to the original setting.
- When shooting movies, ISO values between 100 and 32000 are available. If the ISO value is set to a value smaller than 100, the setting is automatically switched to 100. When you finish recording the movie, the ISO value returns to the original setting.
- The available range for ISO sensitivity varies depending on the setting for [Gamma] under [Picture Profile].
[ISO AUTO] is selected when using the following shooting modes:
- [Intelligent Auto]
- [Superior Auto]
- Each mode in scene selection
- [Sweep Panorama]
- When the ISO sensitivity is set to a value lower than ISO 100, the range for recordable subject brightness (dynamic range) may decrease.
- When you select [ISO AUTO] with the shooting mode set to [Program Auto], [Aperture Priority], [Shutter Priority], or [Manual Exposure], the ISO sensitivity will be automatically adjusted within the set range.