About the BLUETOOTH wireless technology
The BLUETOOTH wireless technology operates within a range of about 30 m (about 98 ft).
Supported version and profiles of the BLUETOOTH standard
A profile is a set of functions standardized for every characteristic of BLUETOOTH devices. The neckband speaker supports the following version and profiles of the BLUETOOTH standard.
Supported BLUETOOTH version: BLUETOOTH standard, version 5.0
Supported BLUETOOTH profiles:
- A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile): Enables transmission and reception of high-quality music contents.
- AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile): Enables volume adjustment and operations to play/pause music and skip to the beginning of the next/current track.
- HSP (Headset Profile)*: Enables phone call making and mobile phone operations.
- HFP (Hands-free Profile)*: Enables hands-free phone call making and mobile phone operations.
* If the mobile phone with the BLUETOOTH function supports both HFP and HSP, use HFP (Hands-free Profile).
Maximum communication range
Use the BLUETOOTH wireless technology between the neckband speaker and a device that are located within about 30 m (about 98 ft) from each other.
Maximum communication range may shorten under the following conditions.
- There is an obstacle such as a person, metal, or wall between the neckband speaker and BLUETOOTH device.
- A wireless LAN device is in use near the neckband speaker.
- A microwave oven is in use near the neckband speaker.
- A device that generates electromagnetic radiation is in use near the neckband speaker.
Interference from other devices
Because BLUETOOTH devices and wireless LAN (IEEE802.11b/g) use the same frequency (2.4 GHz), microwave interference may occur and result in communication speed deterioration, noise, or invalid connection if the neckband speaker is used near a wireless LAN device.
Interference to other devices
Microwaves emitted from a BLUETOOTH device may affect the operation of electronic medical devices. Turn off the neckband speaker and other BLUETOOTH devices in the following locations, as it may cause an accident.
- Where inflammable gas is present, in a hospital, train, airplane, or a gas station
- Near automatic doors or a fire alarm
- To be able to use the BLUETOOTH function, the BLUETOOTH device to be connected requires the same profile as the neckband speaker's. Note also that even if the same profile exists, devices may vary in function depending on their specifications.
- Due to the characteristics of BLUETOOTH wireless technology, audio/music playback on the neckband speaker is slightly delayed in comparison to the playback on the source BLUETOOTH device.
- The neckband speaker supports security capabilities that comply with the BLUETOOTH standard to provide a secure connection when the BLUETOOTH wireless technology is used, but security may not be enough depending on the setting. Be careful when communicating using BLUETOOTH wireless technology.
- We do not take any responsibility for the leakage of information during BLUETOOTH communication.
- BLUETOOTH devices to connect with the neckband speaker must comply with the BLUETOOTH standards prescribed by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and must be certified as compliant. While they comply with the BLUETOOTH standards, however, there may be cases that connection attempts fail; or operations on the device, contents displayed on the device, or behaviors of the device vary depending on the characteristics or specifications of the BLUETOOTH device.
- Noise or sound interruption may occur depending on the BLUETOOTH device connected with the neckband speaker, the communication environment or the usage environment.
- Establishing a BLUETOOTH connection between the neckband speaker and a device with a built-in radio or tuner may cause noise in audio from the device. The neckband speaker should not be used with such a device via BLUETOOTH connection.
- Keep the neckband speaker away from a device, such as a radio or a tuner. Use of the neckband speaker in the vicinity of such a device may cause noise in audio from the device.