Using a microSD card
This topic includes instructions for the following operations.
- Inserting a microSD card into the player.
- Removing a microSD card from the player.
- Formatting a microSD card on the player.
To use a microSD card on the player, you first need to format the microSD card on the player.
- Insert a microSD card.
Open the microSD card slot cover ().
Insert the microSD cards () into the card slots (1 and 2) () until they click into place.
Make sure to insert the microSD cards in the correct direction. The gold contact pins should face down.
Close the cover ().
The player will start updating the database.
When the update is complete, the library screen will appear.
- Format the microSD card.
Tap the menu items in the following order.
– [Settings] – [Device Settings] ([Basic Settings]) – [Reset/Format] – [Format SD Card] – [Format SD Card 1]/[Format SD Card 2].
Follow the onscreen instructions. Make sure to confirm the messages carefully.
To remove the microSD card
Before you remove a microSD card from the player, first unmount the microSD card from the player.
On the library screen, tap the menu items in the following order.
– [Settings] – [Device Settings] ([Basic Settings]) – [Mount/Unmount SD Card] – [SD Card 1]/[SD Card 2] – [OK].
Open the microSD card slot cover. Make sure that the access lamp () is turned off.
Push the microSD card into the microSD card slot.
The microSD card will pop out.
Remove the microSD card. Then, close the microSD card slot cover.
- On the player, you cannot exchange data between the player memory and a microSD card.
- Even when you insert 2 microSD cards into the player, you cannot exchange data between the microSD cards.
- If the player does not recognize the microSD card, remove and reinsert the microSD card into the player.
- Do not insert any object other than a microSD card into the microSD card slot.
- If the inserted microSD card contains a large amount of data, it may take about 10 minutes or longer for the player to update the database.
- When you remove the microSD card, the following information will be deleted.
- The content that is currently being played.
- The playback position.
- Tracks and the playback order on the play queue screen
- Bookmark information for tracks on the microSD card.
- Formatting a microSD card will delete all data stored on the microSD card. Save a back up copy of important data.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.