One-touch connections with a smartphone (NFC)
If a smartphone supports the NFC function, you can connect the player and the smartphone easily. You can pair the devices and establish a Bluetooth connection simply by touching the smartphone to the player.
NFC is for close-range wireless communications.
- Turn on the NFC function on the smartphone.
- On the library screen of the player, tap .
- Confirm the message and tap [OK].The player will switch to the Bluetooth Receiver function.
- Touch the mark on the player () and the smartphone () together.
Hold the devices together until instructions appear on the smartphone screen.
- Follow the instructions on the smartphone screen to complete the connection.
- Once you have established the connection, play a track on the smartphone.
To disconnect the player and the smartphone using the NFC function
Turn on the player screen. Then, touch the player and the smartphone ( and ) together again to disconnect.
To turn off the NFC function
The NFC function is turned on as a default. If you want to turn off the NFC function, tap the menu items in the following order to remove the check mark.
– [Settings] – [NFC] ([Bluetooth]).
Take the following measures if the connection is poor.
- Move the smartphone over the mark on the player ().
- If the player or the smartphone is inside a case, take it out of the case.
- Make sure that the NFC function is on. Check if the N mark appears in the information area. If not, exit the Bluetooth Receiver function, and then tap the menu items in the following order to turn on the NFC function.
– [Settings] – [NFC] (Bluetooth).
- Turn on the screen of the player before you make the connection. If the screen is turned off, you cannot connect the smartphone by touching the smartphone to the player (NFC).
- The battery life becomes considerably shorter when the Bluetooth Receiver function is active.
- You cannot use the Bluetooth Receiver function while any of the following functions is active. Turn off the function and switch to the Bluetooth Receiver function.
- USB-DAC function
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.