- Charging time and playback time depend on the following conditions.
- The number of times you have charged the battery
- Operating temperature
- When the battery is sufficiently charged but the battery life has dropped to about half of its normal span, the battery may be worn out.
A lithium-ion rechargeable battery is built into the player. When you store the player for long periods of time, check the following to prevent the deterioration of the built-in battery.
- Store the player at temperatures from 5 °C to 35 °C (41 ºF to 95 ºF).
To prevent deterioration of the battery, charge the battery at least once every 6 months.
- When you use the player in a cold location, the onscreen display may become dark or may not respond quickly. However, these are not malfunctions.
- You feel mild tingling against your ears particularly in dry air conditions.
This is a result of static electricity accumulated in the body.
This effect can be minimized by wearing clothes made from natural materials.
Sony is not responsible for user data even if the following problems occur due to defects in the player or a computer.
- Recording or downloading of data is incomplete.
- Data (such as music) is damaged or deleted.
The golden part that you can see from the top of the player is an electric part for adjusting the volume (volume control). This part has gold plating to improve the sound quality.
Because this part is an electric part, there may be scratches or uneven color in rare cases. However, there is no effect on the sound-quality performance.
The gold plating does not guarantee the quality of the appearance.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.