Inserting/removing a memory card
Explains how to insert a memory card (sold separately) to the product.
- Open the memory card cover.
- Insert the SD card into the slot 1.
- When using two memory cards, insert the second one into the slot 2.
- With the notched corner facing in the direction illustrated, insert the memory card until it clicks into place. Insert the memory card correctly. Not doing so may cause a malfunction.
Memory card types that can be inserted into the memory card slots
Slot 1 (lower): Supports SD cards (compatible with UHS-I and UHS-II)
Slot 2 (upper): Supports SD cards (compatible with UHS-I) and Memory Stick PRO Duo media
- Close the cover.
- When you use a memory card with the camera for the first time, it is recommended that you format the card on the camera for more stable performance of the memory card.
- You can change the memory card slot for recording by selecting MENU → (Setup) → [Rec. Media Settings] → [Prioritize Rec. Media].
- To record the same image on two memory cards at the same time or to sort recorded images onto two memory card slots by the image type (still image/movie), select MENU → (Setup) → [Rec. Media Settings] → [Recording Mode].
- Use the slot 1 when you are only using one SD card.
- Use the slot 2 when you are using Memory Stick media. In this case, set [Prioritize Rec. Media] to [Slot 2].
- Do not insert a Memory Stick media into the slot 1. It may cause a malfunction.
To remove the memory card
Open the memory card cover and make sure that the access lamp (A) is not lit, then push in the memory card lightly once to remove it.