Pairing and connecting with a computer (Windows 7)
The operation to register the device that you wish to connect to is called pairing. First, pair a device to use it with the headset for the first time.
Before you start the pairing operation, make sure that:
- Your computer has a Bluetooth function that supports music playback connections (A2DP).
- The computer is placed within 1 m (3 feet) of the headset.
- The headset is charged sufficiently.
- The operating instructions of the computer is in hand.
- Depending on the computer you are using, the built-in Bluetooth adapter may need to be turned on. If you do not know how to turn on the Bluetooth adapter or are unsure if your computer has a built-in Bluetooth adapter, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the computer.
Enter pairing mode on this headset.
Turn on the headset when you pair the headset with a device for the first time after you bought it or after you initialized the headset (the headset has no pairing information). The headset enters pairing mode automatically.
When you pair a 2nd or subsequent device (the headset has pairing information for other devices), press and hold the button for about 7 seconds.
Check that the blue indicator repeatedly flashes 2 times in a row. You will hear a voice guidance “Bluetooth pairing”.
Wake the computer up from sleep mode.
Search for the headset using the computer.
- Click the [Start] button, then [Devices and Printers].
- Click [Add a device].
Select [WH-1000XM3], then click [Next].
If passkey (*) input is required on the display of the computer, input “0000.”
The headset and computer are paired and connected with each other. You will hear a voice guidance “Bluetooth connected”.
If they are not connected, see “Connecting to a paired computer (Windows 7)”.
If [WH-1000XM3] does not appear on the display, try again from step 3.
*A Passkey may be called “Passcode,” “PIN code,” or “Password.”
- The above procedure is an example. For more details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with your computer.
- To delete all Bluetooth pairing information, see “Initializing the headset to restore factory settings”.
- When registering a device (pairing), either [WH-1000XM3] or [LE_WH-1000XM3] or both are displayed on the connecting device. If both or [WH-1000XM3] are displayed touch [WH-1000XM3], or touch [LE_WH-1000XM3] if [LE_WH-1000XM3] is displayed.
- If pairing is not established within 5 minutes, pairing mode is canceled, and the headset turns off. In this case, start the operation over from step 1.
- Once Bluetooth devices are paired, there is no need to pair them again, except in the following cases:
- Pairing information has been deleted after repair, etc.
When a 9th device is paired.
The headset can be paired with up to 8 devices. If a new device is paired after 8 devices are already paired, the registration information of the paired device with the oldest connection date is overwritten with the information for the new device.
- When the pairing information for the headset has been deleted from the Bluetooth device.
When the headset is initialized.
All of the pairing information is deleted. In this case, delete the pairing information for the headset from the device and then pair them again.
- The headset can be paired with multiple devices, but can only play music from one paired device at a time.