On Bluetooth communications
- Bluetooth wireless technology operates within a range of about 10 m (30 feet). The maximum communication distance may vary depending on the presence of obstacles (people, metal objects, walls, etc.) or the electromagnetic environment.
- Microwaves emitting from a Bluetooth device may affect the operation of electronic medical devices. Turn off this unit and other Bluetooth devices in the following locations, as it may cause an accident:
- in hospitals, near priority seating in trains, locations where inflammable gas is present, near automatic doors, or near fire alarms.
- This product emits radio waves when used in wireless mode. When used in wireless mode on an airplane, follow flight crew directions regarding permissible use of products in wireless mode.
- The audio playback on this unit may be delayed from that on the transmitting device, due to the characteristics of Bluetooth wireless technology. As a result, the sound may not be in sync with the image when viewing movies or playing games.
- The unit supports security functions that comply with the Bluetooth standard as a means of ensuring security during communication using Bluetooth wireless technology. However, depending on the configured settings and other factors, this security may not be sufficient. Be careful when communicating using Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Sony shall assume no responsibility for any damages or loss resulting from information leaks that occur when using Bluetooth communications.
- Connection with all Bluetooth devices cannot be guaranteed.
- Bluetooth devices connected with the unit must comply with the Bluetooth standard prescribed by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and must be certified as compliant.
- Even when a connected device complies with the Bluetooth standard, there may be cases where the characteristics or specifications of the Bluetooth device make it unable to connect, or result in different control methods, display, or operation.
- When using the unit to perform hands-free talking on the phone, noise may occur depending on the connected device or the communication environment.
- Depending on the device to be connected, it may require some time to start communications.
Note on static electricity
- Static electricity accumulated in the body may cause mild tingling in your ears. To reduce the effect, wear clothes made from natural materials, which suppress the generation of static electricity.
Notes on wearing the unit
- Because the headphones achieve a tight seal over the ears, forcibly pressing them against your ears or quickly pulling them off can result in eardrum damage.
Pressing the headphones against your ears may cause the speaker diaphragm to produce a click sound. This is not a malfunction.
- Do not subject the unit to excessive shock.
- The touch sensor may not operate properly if you apply stickers or other adhesive items to the touch sensor control panel.
- Be careful not to catch your finger in the unit when folding.
- When you use the unit as wired headphones, use the supplied headphone cable only. Make sure that the headphone cable is firmly inserted.
- The Bluetooth function may not work with a mobile phone, depending on the signal conditions and the surrounding environment.
- Do not apply weight or pressure to the unit for long periods, including when it is stored, as it may cause deformation.
- If you experience discomfort while using the unit, stop using it immediately.
- The earpads may be damaged or deteriorate with long-term use and storage.
Cleaning the unit
- When the outside of the unit is dirty, clean it by wiping with a soft dry cloth. If the unit is particularly dirty, soak a cloth in a dilute solution of neutral detergent, and wring it well before wiping. Do not use solvents such as thinner, benzene, or alcohol, as they may damage the surface.
Do not use the headset close to the medical devices
- This product has magnets which may interfere with pacemakers, defibrillators and programmable shunt valves or other medical devices. Do not put this product close to these medical devices and the person who use any of these medical devices. Consult your doctor before using this product, if you have any concerns.
Do not place cards with magnets in the vicinity of the headset.
- This product has magnets. Placing cards with magnets in the vicinity of the product may affect the magnetism of the card and render it unusable.