Optimizing the noise canceling function to suit the wearer (NC Optimizer)
This function optimizes the noise canceling function by detecting the shape of your face, your hairstyle, the headset attaching condition based on the absence or presence of glasses, or the pressure change in an airplane.
It is recommended that you run the optimizer when using the headset for the first time or when the air pressure changes in an airplane.
Wear the headset with the power turned on.
Press and hold the NC/AMBIENT button until you hear voice guidance “Optimizer start” (about 2 seconds).
Test signals can be heard during the optimization. When the optimization is finished, you will hear a voice guidance “Optimizer finished”.
- It is recommended that you run the NC Optimizer again after changing your hairstyle, removing eyeglasses worn on a daily basis, or implementing other changes to the wearing conditions.
- If you are on an airplane, it is recommended that you turn on the NC Optimizer function when the airplane reaches a stable flight condition.
- The condition set with the NC Optimizer function is retained until the optimization is run again. It is recommended that you turn on the NC Optimizer function once again after getting off the airplane.
- The NC Optimizer can also be operated from the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.
- Wear the headset under the actual usage conditions during the optimization. It is recommended that you do not touch the headset during the optimization.
- The optimization is canceled when the headset receives another operation command during the optimization.
- If the NC/AMBIENT button is set as the Google Assistant button, the NC Optimizer function cannot be operated from the headset.
- If the NC/AMBIENT button is set as the Amazon Alexa button, the NC Optimizer function cannot be operated from the headset.