Connecting to a paired computer (Windows 8/Windows 8.1)
Before starting the operation, make sure of the following:
- Depending on the computer you are using, the built-in Bluetooth adapter may need to be turned on. If you do not know how to turn on the Bluetooth adapter or are unsure if your computer has a built-in Bluetooth adapter, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the computer.
Wake the computer up from sleep mode.
Turn on the headset.
Press and hold the button for about 2 seconds.
Check that the indicator continues to flash blue after you release your finger from the button. You hear the voice guidance “Power on”.
After the headset turns on, if it has automatically connected to the last connected device, you will hear a voice guidance “Bluetooth connected”.
Use the computer to check whether the connection is established, and if it is not established, proceed to step 3.
If the computer has connected to the last Bluetooth device connected, disconnect it, then proceed to the next step.
Select the headset using the computer.
- Select [Desktop] on the Start screen.
- Right-click the [Start] button, then select [Control Panel] from the pop-up menu.
- Select [Hardware and Sound], then [Sound].
- Right-click [WH-1000XM3].
If [WH-1000XM3] is not displayed on the [Sound] screen, right-click on the [Sound] screen, then select [Show Disconnected Devices].
- Select [Connect] from the displayed menu.
The connection is established. You will hear a voice guidance “Bluetooth connected”.
- The above procedure is an example. For more details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with your computer.
- When connecting, either [WH-1000XM3] or [LE_WH-1000XM3] or both are displayed on the connecting device. If both or [WH-1000XM3] are displayed touch [WH-1000XM3], or touch [LE_WH-1000XM3] if [LE_WH-1000XM3] is displayed.
- If the music playback sound quality is poor, check that the A2DP function which supports music playback connections is enabled in the computer settings. For more details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with your computer.
- If the last-connected Bluetooth device is placed near the headset, the headset may connect automatically to the device by simply turning on the headset. In that case, deactivate the Bluetooth function on the device or turn off the power.
- If you cannot connect your computer to the headset, delete the headset pairing information on your computer and perform the pairing again. As for the operations on your computer, refer to the operating instructions supplied with your computer.