Transferring content from a Windows computer using Media Go
You can transfer content that is stored on a Windows computer to the Walkman via Media Go.
- Use a computer on which Media Go has been installed.
- Launch Media Go.
- Connect the Walkman to the computer via USB.
- Open [Library] – [Music] () in Media Go.
Select a category () if necessary.
- Select albums or tracks.
- Make sure that [WALKMAN (model name)] is displayed as the destination ().
Click [WALKMAN (model name)] () to select the destination memory.
- : The internal memory of the Walkman
- : A microSD card in the Walkman
- Click to transfer.
When the transfer is complete, the icon will change from to . Disconnect the Walkman from computer.
To transfer content from iTunes to the Walkman
Connect the Walkman to the computer via USB.
Launch iTunes, select the desired content in iTunes (), and then drag-and-drop the content to [WALKMAN (model name)] () in Media Go.
If you want to select the destination memory, click the memory icon next to [WALKMAN (model name)] () before you transfer content.
You can also transfer playlists created in iTunes to the Walkman.
- Use iTunes to export playlists in m3u file format.
- Import the m3u files to Media Go.
- Transfer the playlists to the Walkman.
- For details on transferring content, refer to the online help information for Media Go.
Media Go does not support the following content.
- Content with copyright protection.
- Content that uses Windows Media digital rights management technology (WM-DRM).
- Do not disconnect the USB cable during data transfer. Otherwise, the data may be damaged.
- Transferred content is limited to private use only. Use of content for other purposes requires the permission of the copyright holders.
- On the Walkman, you cannot exchange data between the Walkman memory and a microSD card.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.