Establishing a Bluetooth connection using NFC
If a Bluetooth device supports the NFC function, you can connect the Walkman and the device easily. You can simply touch the Walkman to the device to pair the devices and establish a Bluetooth connection.
NFC is for close-range wireless communications.
- If the Bluetooth device has an NFC switch, set the NFC switch to on.
- Turn on the Walkman screen.
- Touch the mark on the Walkman () to the mark on the Bluetooth device ().
Hold them together until instructions appear on the screen of the Walkman.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on the Walkman to complete the connection.
- Once the connection is established, play a track on the Walkman.
To disconnect the Walkman and the Bluetooth device using the NFC function
Turn on the Walkman screen. Then, touch the devices ( and ) together again to disconnect.
To turn off the NFC function
The NFC function is turned on as a default. If you want to turn off the NFC function, tap the menu items in the following order to remove the check mark.
– [Settings] – [NFC] ([Bluetooth]).
Take the following measures if the connection is poor.
- Move the Walkman over the mark on the Bluetooth device ().
- If your Walkman is inside a case, take it out of the case.
- Make sure that the NFC function is on. Tap and then [Settings]. Confirm that there is a check mark in the check box for [NFC] ([Bluetooth]).
- The battery life becomes considerably shorter when the Bluetooth function is active.
- Before you connect the Walkman to a Bluetooth device by NFC, turn off the FM radio function.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.