Notes on the Bluetooth function
To optimize Bluetooth communications, observe the following.
- Place the Walkman and the Bluetooth device as close together as possible. The Bluetooth standard supports distances of up to 10 meters (32.8 feet).
- Turn the built-in Bluetooth antenna (aerial) in the direction of the connected Bluetooth device.
- Do not block the antenna (aerial) with a metal object such as a bag or case.
- Do not block the antenna (aerial) with a body part such as a hand.
- Do not block the antenna (aerial) by placing the Walkman inside a backpack or shoulder bag.
- Do not block the antenna (aerial) by using the Walkman in a crowded place.
- Avoid areas where electromagnetic waves are emitted. For example, near microwave ovens, mobile phones, mobile gaming devices, or wireless LAN environments.
- Due to a characteristic of Bluetooth wireless technology, the sound may lag slightly.
Bluetooth radiation may affect the operation of electronic medical devices. Turn off the Walkman and other Bluetooth devices in the following locations.
- in hospitals
- near priority seats on trains
- on airplanes
- in places where flammable gases are present (gas stations, etc.)
- near automatic doors
- near fire alarms
- The Walkman supports security functions that comply with the Bluetooth standard. Sony bears no responsibility whatsoever for information leaks that occur as a result of your Bluetooth connection.
- Even if a Bluetooth device conforms to the standard, all connections and correct operations are not guaranteed.
- Depending on the Bluetooth device, it may take some time to establish a Bluetooth connection.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.