Direct manual focus (DMF)
You can make fine adjustments manually after performing auto focusing, letting you focus on a subject more quickly than when using the manual focus from the beginning. This is convenient in situations such as macro shooting.
- Turn the focus mode dial (A) and select DMF.
- Press the shutter button halfway down to focus automatically.
- Keep the shutter button pressed halfway down, and then rotate the front lens ring to achieve a sharper focus.
- When you rotate the front lens ring, the focus distance is displayed on the screen.
- Press the shutter button fully down to shoot an image.
- You can assign the focus function to the rear lens ring by selecting MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Lens Ring Setup].