Live View Display
Sets whether or not to show images altered with effects of the exposure compensation, white balance, [Creative Style], or [Picture Effect] on the screen.
MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Live View Display] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Setting Effect ON:
- Displays Live View in conditions close to what your picture will look like as a result of applying all your settings. This setting is useful when you want to shoot pictures while checking the results of the shot on the Live View screen.
- Setting Effect OFF:
- Displays Live View without the effects of exposure compensation, white balance, [Creative Style], or [Picture Effect]. When this setting is used, you can easily check the image composition.
Live View is always displayed with the appropriate brightness even in [Manual Exposure] mode.
When [Setting Effect OFF] is selected, the icon is displayed on the Live View screen.
- When you use a third-party flash, such as a studio flash, Live View Display may be dark for some shutter speed settings. When [Live View Display] is set to [Setting Effect OFF], Live View Display will be displayed brightly, so that you can easily check the composition.
- [Live View Display] cannot be set to [Setting Effect OFF] in the following shooting modes:
- [Intelligent Auto]
- [Superior Auto]
- [Sweep Panorama]
- [High Frame Rate]
- [Scene Selection]
- When [Live View Display] is set to [Setting Effect OFF], the brightness of the shot image will not be the same as that of the displayed Live View.