Detects the faces of your subjects and adjusts the focus, exposure, flash settings and performs image processing automatically.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Smile/Face Detect.] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Does not use the [Face Detection] function.
- On (Regist. Faces):
- Detects the registered face with higher priority using [Face Registration].
- Detects a face without giving higher priority to the registered face.
- Smile Shutter:
- Automatically detects and shoots a smile.
Face Detection frame
- When the product detects a face, the gray face detection frame appears. When the product determines that autofocus is enabled, the face detection frame turns white. When a person’s eyes are in focus and [Focus Mode] is set to [Single-shot AF], a green focus frame appears around the eyes for a certain period of time.
- In case you have registered the priority order for each face using [Face Registration], the product automatically selects the first prioritized face and the face detection frame over that face turns white. The face detection frames of other registered faces turn reddish-purple.
Tips for capturing smiles more effectively
- Do not cover the eyes with front hair and keep the eyes narrowed.
- Do not obscure the face by a hat, masks, sunglasses, etc.
- Try to orient the face in front of the product and be as level as possible.
- Give a clear smile with an open mouth. The smile is easier to be detected when the teeth are shown.
- If you press the shutter button during Smile Shutter, the product shoots the image. After shooting, the product returns to Smile Shutter mode.
- When the [Smile/Face Detect.] is set to [Smile Shutter], you can select the Smile Detection Sensitivity from [On: Slight Smile], [On: Normal Smile] and [On: Big Smile].
- You cannot use the Face Detection function with the following functions:
- Other zoom functions than the optical zoom
- [Sweep Panorama]
- [Picture Effect] is set to [Posterization].
- When using the [Focus Magnifier] function.
- [Scene Selection] is set to [Landscape], [Night Scene], [Sunset].
- Movie shooting with [Record Setting] set to [120p]/[100p].
- During High Frame Rate shooting
- Up to 8 faces of your subjects can be detected.
- The product may not detect faces at all or may accidentally detect other objects as faces in some conditions.
- If the product cannot detect a smile, adjust the Smile Detection Sensitivity.
- If you track a face using [Lock-on AF] while executing Smile Shutter function, Smile Detection is performed only for that face.