Shoots an image using the self-timer after a designated number of seconds have elapsed since the shutter button was pressed. Use the 5-second/10-second self-timer when you are going to be in the picture, and use the 2-second self-timer to reduce camera-shake caused by pressing the shutter button.
MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Drive Mode] → [Self-timer].
Select the desired mode using the right/left side of the control wheel.
Adjust the focus and shoot the image.The self-timer lamp flashes, a beep sounds, and a picture is taken after the designated number of seconds have elapsed.
Menu item details
The mode determines the number of seconds until a picture is taken after the shutter button is pressed.
- Self-timer: 10 Sec
- Self-timer: 5 Sec
- Self-timer: 2 Sec
- Press the shutter button again to stop the count of the self-timer.
- Select MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Drive Mode] → [Single Shooting] to cancel the self-timer.
- Set [Audio signals] to [Off] to mute the beep sound during self-timer counting.
- To use the self-timer in bracket mode, select bracket mode under drive mode, then select MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Bracket Settings] → [Selftimer during Brkt].
- The self-timer is unavailable in the following situations:
- The shooting mode is set to [Sweep Panorama].
- [Sports Action] under [Scene Selection]
- [Smile Shutter]