Zoom Func. on Ring
Sets the zoom functions when using the lens ring to change zoom scales.
- MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Zoom Func. on Ring] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Zooms in/out smoothly when you operate the zoom by turning the lens ring.
- Zooms in/out to an angle of view corresponding to how far the lens ring has been rotated.
- Zooms in/out at certain angle steps when you operate the zoom by turning the lens ring.
- In the following situations, the zoom function activates as if [Zoom Func. on Ring] is set to [Standard], even if it is set to [Step].
- When using the W/T (zoom) lever to change the zoom scale.
- When recording movies.
- When using zoom functions other than the optical zoom.
- Selecting [Quick] increases the likelihood that the zoom sound will be recorded.