Sensitivity to light is expressed by the ISO number (recommended exposure index). The larger the number, the higher the sensitivity.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [ISO] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Multi Frame NR:
- Combines continuous shots to create an image with less noise. Press the right side to display the setting screen, then select a desired value using the top/bottom sides of the control wheel.
- ISO AUTO:
- Sets the ISO sensitivity automatically.
- ISO 64 – ISO 12800:
- Sets the ISO sensitivity manually. Selecting a larger number increases the ISO sensitivity.
- You can change the range of ISO sensitivity that is set automatically in [ISO AUTO] mode. Select [ISO AUTO] and press the right side of the control wheel, and set the desired values for [ISO AUTO Maximum] and [ISO AUTO Minimum].
- The values are also applied when shooting in [ISO AUTO] mode under [Multi Frame NR].
- You can set the effect level for noise reduction by selecting [NR Effect] under [Multi Frame NR].
- When [Quality] is set to [RAW] or [RAW & JPEG], [Multi Frame NR] cannot be selected.
- When [Multi Frame NR] is selected, the flash, [D-Range Opt.], or [Auto HDR] cannot be used.
- When [Picture Profile] is set to other than [Off], [Multi Frame NR] cannot be selected.
- When [Picture Effect] is set to other than [Off], [Multi Frame NR] cannot be selected.
[ISO AUTO] is selected when using the following functions:
- [Intelligent Auto]
- [Superior Auto]
- [Scene Selection]
- [Sweep Panorama]
- When the ISO sensitivity is set to a value lower than ISO 100, the range for recordable subject brightness (dynamic range) may decrease.
- The higher the ISO value, the more noise will appear on the images.
- The available ISO settings will differ depending on whether you are shooting still images, shooting movies, or using HFR.
- When shooting movies, ISO values between 100 and 12800 are available. If the ISO value is set to a value smaller than 100, the setting is automatically switched to 100. When you finish recording the movie, the ISO value returns to the original setting.
- When you use [Multi Frame NR], it takes some time for the product to perform the overlay processing of images.
- When you select [ISO AUTO] with the shooting mode set to [P], [A], [S] or [M], the ISO sensitivity will be automatically adjusted within the set range.