Controlling the camera using an Android smartphone (NFC One-touch remote)
You can connect this product to an NFC-enabled Android smartphone by touching them together and then operate the product using the smartphone.
Make sure that [Ctrl w/ Smartphone] is set to [On] by selecting MENU → (Network) → [Ctrl w/ Smartphone].
Activate the NFC function of the smartphone.
Switch this product to shooting mode.
- The NFC function is available only when the (N mark) is displayed on the screen.
Touch the smartphone to the product.
The smartphone and the product are connected, and PlayMemories Mobile launches.
- You can shoot an image by remote control while checking the composition of the image on the smartphone screen.
- Touch the smartphone to the product for 1-2 seconds until PlayMemories Mobile launches.
NFC is a technology that enables short-range wireless communication between various devices, such as mobile phones or IC tags, etc. NFC makes data communication simpler with just a touch on the designated touch-point.
- NFC (Near Field Communication) is an international standard of short-range wireless communication technology.
- If you cannot make a connection, do as the following:
- Launch PlayMemories Mobile on your smartphone, and then move the smartphone slowly toward the (N mark) of this product.
- If the smartphone is in a case, remove it.
- If the product is in a case, remove it.
- Check whether the NFC function is activated on your smartphone.
- Radio wave interference may occur as Bluetooth communications and Wi-Fi communications use the same frequency band. If your Wi-Fi connection is unstable, it may be improved by turning off the Bluetooth function of the smartphone. If you do this, the location information link function is not available.
- When you record movies using a smartphone as a remote controller, the monitor of the product becomes darker.
- When [Airplane Mode] is set to [On], you cannot connect this product and the smartphone. Set [Airplane Mode] to [Off].
- If this product and the smartphone are connected when the product is in playback mode, the displayed image is sent to the smartphone.