Auto Obj. Framing (still image)
When this product detects and shoots faces, macro shooting subjects or subjects that are tracked by [Lock-on AF], the product automatically trims the image into an appropriate composition, and then saves it. Both the original and the trimmed images are saved. The trimmed image is recorded in the same size as the original image size.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Auto Obj. Framing] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Does not trim images.
- Automatically trims images into an appropriate composition.
- [Auto Obj. Framing] is not available when the shooting mode is set to [Sweep Panorama], [Movie], or [High Frame Rate], or when [Scene Selection] is set to [Hand-held Twilight], [Sports Action], or [Anti Motion Blur].
- The trimmed image may not be the best possible composition, depending on the shooting conditions.
- [Auto Obj. Framing] cannot be set when [Quality] is set to [RAW] or [RAW & JPEG].
- [Auto Obj. Framing] is not available in the following situations.
- [Drive Mode] is set to [Cont. Shooting], [Self-timer(Cont)], [Cont. Bracket], [Single Bracket], [WB bracket], or [DRO Bracket].
- The ISO sensitivity is set to [Multi Frame NR].
- [DRO/Auto HDR] is set to [Auto HDR].
- Other zoom functions than the optical zoom
- When shooting in Manual Focus mode
- [Picture Effect] is set to [Soft Focus], [HDR Painting], [Rich-tone Mono.], [Miniature], [Watercolor], or [Illustration].