You can express the movement of a moving subject in various ways by adjusting the shutter speed, for example, at the instant of the movement with high speed shutter, or as a trailing image with low speed shutter.
Set the mode dial to S (Shutter Priority).
Select the desired value by turning the control dial.
- If proper exposure cannot be obtained after setup, the aperture value on the shooting screen blinks. If this happens, change the shutter speed.
Adjust the focus and shoot the subject.The aperture is automatically adjusted to obtain proper exposure.
- Use a tripod to prevent camera-shake when you have selected a slow shutter speed.
- When you shoot indoor sports scenes, set the ISO sensitivity to a higher value.
- The SteadyShot warning indicator does not appear in shutter speed priority mode.
- When [Long Exposure NR] is set to [On] and the shutter speed is 1 second(s) or longer, noise reduction will be done after shooting for the same amount of time that the shutter was open. However, you cannot shoot any more while noise reduction is in progress.
- The brightness of the image on the screen may differ from the actual image being shot.