In dark environments, use the flash to light up the subject while shooting. Also use the flash to prevent camera-shake.
- Press the (Flash pop-up) button to pop up the flash.
- The flash does not pop up automatically.
- Press the shutter button fully down.
- The available flash modes depend on the shooting mode and function.
When you do not use the flash
When not using the flash, press it back into the camera body.
- The light of the flash may be blocked if the lens hood is attached and the lower part of a recorded image may be shaded. Remove the lens hood.
- When using the flash, stand 1 m or more away from the subject.
- If you fire the flash before the flash unit pops up entirely, it may cause malfunction.
- You cannot use the flash when recording movies. (You can use an LED light when using a flash (sold separately) with an LED light.)
- When an external flash (sold separately) is attached to the Multi Interface Shoe, the state of the external flash has priority over the flash setting of this product. You cannot use the internal flash of this product.
- Before attaching/removing an accessory such as a flash to/from the Multi Interface Shoe, turn off the product first. When attaching an accessory, make sure that the accessory is fixed securely to the product.
- Do not use the Multi Interface Shoe with a commercially available flash that applies voltage of 250 V or more or has the reverse polarity of the camera. Doing so may cause a malfunction.
- When shooting with the flash and the zoom is set to W, the shadow of the lens may appear on the screen, depending on the shooting conditions. If this happens, shoot away from the subject or set the zoom to T and shoot with the flash again.
- The light of the flash may be blocked, depending on the lens.
- The corners of a recorded image may be shaded, depending on the lens.
- When the monitor is tilted upward 90 degrees or more, it is difficult to operate the (Flash pop-up) button. Raise the flash unit before adjusting the monitor angle.
- When using flash to shoot pictures of yourself, be careful not to look directly at the light, because the flash will go off at a close distance. To prevent the flash from hitting the monitor when you press it back down into the camera body after use, first return the monitor to its original position.
- For details on compatible accessories for the Multi Interface Shoe, visit the Sony website, or consult your Sony dealer or local authorized Sony service facility.